May. 5, 2016


Good evening friends,

I hope all had a good and safe Cinco de Mayo, or Thursday like it's known in most places. 

Now that the road is going to be my home for the next few month, it kind of felt weird this afternoon not heading home or seeing my faithful puppy Kalani to end my day. Im sure she’s wondering where her owner is tonight.

First off I wanted to express my gratitude to Ethan at Fast Signs on Oracle rd. for producing the great decals on my truck windows. They’ve have gotten the attention of many a passerbyers where ever I go!  I accidently left them off the list yerterday.

Well after all the buildup of the last few weeks I finally landed here at my first stop, Phoenix. The state capital of my home state Arizona. It really has grown since I last lived here some thirty-four years ago. It reminds me of Los Angeles minus the beach, earthquakes and movies stars. And boy is it hot! You wouldn’t think a few degrees make a lot of difference between here and Tucson, but I swear it felt like 110 not 98 today!

So the big question is did I find a job today? The answer is no. I didn’t really look much, simply because I haven’t got much sleep over the last week. I’ve probably slept a total of two hours last night and maybe three the night before. All the excitement and loose ends to tie up were the main cause, but moving my stuff out into a storage, and cleaning the 2,600 sqft home burned me out! So after arriving here in the valley of the sun about 830 am. I rented a motel and slept all afternoon. I needed to charge my batteries and get my head focused on the task of finding those elusive Gigs! Besides, I would have not been of any use to anyone who would’ve hired me today anyhow.

So after I woke up at 2 pm, I got on the computer and started looking for that first job. Once I get that first gig under my belt, I will relax a little more. I sent a few messages and talked to a guy about a mason job, but as of 9:30 pm, he’s yet to call back to confirm. That will be the routine for the unforeseeable future for the Johnny man I guess!

 I went to the Gym and had dinner nearby at an Italian placed called Metro Pizza. The spaghetti and meatballs were awesome, and now I getting sleepy again! So I will call it a night and may tomorrow be a fruitful day for me and my tour. I will definitely be ready for anything in the morning!

Have a wonderful night you all and thanks for your time.